Sunday, September 10, 2006

A revelation.

I have wrangled for years with issues of ecclesiology and doctrines, and denominations. And have come to the conclusion I am sick of it all. I am tired of worrying if I am in the right church, or worshipping the right way.

I have come to the Conclusion, that I intend to follow Christ and His Gospel. And I believe that my Church, while not perfect, is the best, and most pure place to do so.

In my Parish (It is an ECUSA Church, but orthodox) We teach Christ Crucified. We Teach basic Christian Morality, we celebrate the Sacraments. And we add nothing to them.

No dogmatism. Christ is the dividing line. There is one dividing line, those who know Christ, and those who need Christ.

When the Sacrament is celebrated, it is made clear that ALL Christians who have proclaimed Christ and been baptized are welcome. You do not need to prove anything. Your word is taken as a dear Brother and sister of Christ.

And the Gospel is the Key.

Are you wrong on the ordination of women? You are still my Brother if you proclaim Christ's Gospel.

Are you wrong on issues of theology? You are still my Brother if you proclaim Christ's Gospel.

No litmus Test, save for the one that Matters. Jesus Christ, the Lord, Savior, God and Messiah of our Lives.

HALLELUJAH AND AMEN!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan M said...

On denominations, I've learned to not classify them as synonymous with Christian. I've found that there are wheat and chaff in every denomination. But that shouldn't surprise us....Christianity always was a thing of the heart subscribing to God not being tacked onto a man-made title.

5:29 AM

 
Blogger Mathaytace_Christou said...

I agree. My goal is not to say that ANglicanism is the Fulness of the Church, or perfect.

What I was saying is that I believe anglicanism does the best job at cutting CHristianity down to its core, without unneccessary dogmatism.

4:29 PM

 
Blogger Austin said...

I've never been here before, but I would just like to say that I loved this post. I have gone through exactly the same thing. I have concluded that a true church is where the body of Christ meets and Christ is their head.

I also agree with you about unnecessary dogmaticism. It has been said, "In essentials unity, in non-essentials charity, in all things Christ." I think that this is a useful principle for the church to follow, if we desire unity, but not compromise. Hold to the essentials, but be charitable about doctrines of a more secondary nature.

As for Anglicanism, I'm glad it works so well. Who can look down on the church that produced C.S. Lewis? Although, the way the Anglican church was started does make me laugh.

12:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home